One of the Most Unique and Fun Fundraisers in the Valley Rolls Through Town
School board member Delwyn Jensen announced his resignation at Monday’s board meeting because his wife Loriann was just hired by the district as the counselor at Rendezvous Upper Elementary School.
This year the federal grant that had funded public afterschool ran dry, so a committee formed to fill that gap. Now with a newly hired executive director, the committee is working to establish a new valley nonprofit.
The theme of the first “Noche Familiar” on Wednesday, September 12, will be “Sharing Borders,” celebrating all the countries that Mexico has ever been associated with.
Increased labor and steel costs hit home
Teton School Superintendent Monte Woolstenhulme reported at the school board meeting on Monday that he received a preemptive call from the Department of Education notifying him that Teton Middle School was set to receive a “low performing” score based on the state test performances.
Cheryl Stewart often arrives at Driggs Elementary at or before dawn to prepare the day’s meals for the Summer Food Program. She follows recipes provided by the United States Department of Agriculture as well as strict nutrition guidelines for metrics like whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
More News Headlines
- Polishing a gem
- Three local students graduate from Virtual Academy
- Board anticipates approving school designs
- A school for the gifted
- Driggs Elementary School principal new Rockland, Idaho superintendent
- School is in for the summer
- Teton High School assembly available online
- Teton High School assembly takes shape
- Middle school teacher named new RUES principal
- School board favors hiring three and half speech therapy positions
- Robotics team powers up
- Project based learning thrives in valley
- Anderson takes new PR position with school district
- Art and mentorship meet
- School district takes down anonymous tip line
- THS to present The Sound of Music
- Students award grants, offer hope
- Sussing out school safety
- Recent call of concern prompts school board to review safety measures
- Law enforcement at Teton High School today
- THS parking policy reinforced by new administrator
- Seniors discover philanthropy with Community Foundation
- Mello, Knighton file for open school board seat
- THS fundraises for solar-wind power
- Teacher turnover troubles TSD 401