One hundred six students graduated from Teton High School on Friday, May 27. This group joins the eleven students from Basin High School who received diplomas on Wednesday, May 25, bringing the graduation total for this year from the two public schools in Driggs to 117.
In brief remarks to the THS graduates, Superintendent Monte Woolstenhulme talked about some real-life heroes, women who serve as examples of courage when faced with adversity – pilot Captain Tammy Jo Schulz, Olympian Jaelin Kauf, and the graduates’ mothers. Woolstenhulme also announced statistics that reflect the accomplishment of the graduates to the packed crowd at Teton’s gymnasium Friday night:
The Class of 2018 accumulated 888 hours of college credit during its time at THS.
The Class of 2018 was awarded $ 1,575,720.00 in scholarships from a wide variety of institutions and other educational funding sources.
Congrats to all of this year's graduates!
Photos by Rebecca Vanderhorst
CommentsKeep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.
- Read the latest edition of the Teton Valley News in our e-edition format, which combines the familiarity of the printed-paper format with the convenience of reading on your phone, tablet or desktop computer from anywhere.
Find a local business
- DACA recipients await Supreme Court decision
- Tripp Edward Black
- Victor 4th of July events canceled
- Grand View gas station doubles fueling capacity
- Wade Kaufman steps down from council
- The psychology of masking up and staying distant — or not
- Wheel Wranglers shifts gears in second year
- Gov. Little announces Stage 3 reopening Saturday; includes movie theaters and bars
- For the Graduates of Grief
- Sheriff's Log - May 27
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.